The contractor shall perform the engineering design, testing, implementation, and validation of USCIS IT infrastructure systems with an overarching system engineering function used to guide and direct the overall value and effectiveness of the system.This function shall provide support to further refine and improve on the solution as technology, business needs, and the USCIS IT infrastructure mission evolve.
Architecture & Engineering projects include but are not limited to such tasks as the following:
· Enterprise Data Center Consolidation
· Enterprise Cloud based solutions
· Enterprise Unified Communications
· Next Generation Endpoint and Mobility operating systems
· Directory and Messaging services
· Enterprise Network and Compute configuration standards development
· Enterprise Network and Compute management development
· Enterprise Backup and archive design and solutions
· Enterprise Mobility solutions development
· Enterprise Management, configuration, and tools standardization
· Network (WAN/LAN) standards or changes
· Participation in DevOps design and implementation teams
Support for Engineering and DevOps Integration (SPEDI)
The Contractor shall perform the following types of architecture and engineering projects:
· Assess current architecture and engineering processes and provide recommendations on
To-Be process in order to establish an efficient and effective repeatable methodology for
architecture and engineering solutions from concept to delivery of operations.
· Provide technical consulting services which include but are not limited to an average of 50 projects per year.
· Attend meetings with stakeholders to better understand requirements and provide recommendations for solution.
· Review and/or assist with the development of technical documentation for viability and interoperability of solutions within the USCIS Infrastructure
· Provide cost estimates and Level of Effort (LOE) assessments based on information provided via the Infrastructure Service Request (ISR) process to an estimated 60 requests per year
· Provide architecture and engineering services associated with development of enterprise standards for Network (Wide Area Network and Local Area Network), Directory and
Network Services (e.g. Active Directory, NTP, DNS, etc.), and Compute Infrastructure (e.g. Server/SAN)
· Provide architecture and engineering services in the development of standards for all telecommunication, Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) circuits and connectivity to DHS systems with Government organizations and designated DHS business partners.
· Provide architecture and engineering services in the development of standards for switches, routers, Riverbeds, servers, voice systems and video systems.
· Provide architecture and engineering services in the development of standards for Continuity of Operations (COOP) and Disaster Recovery (DR) to ensure USCIS mission critical functions and capabilities are not lost or diminished during periods when services or other DHS components are unavailable
· Develop a lean framework and standard for workstation and server image configuration and implementation
· Work with vendors to assess and determine how products and/or solutions meet requirements provided by Government stakeholders
· Design a standard architecture for the USCIS environment including DHS data centers by utilizing state-of-the-art data center technologies consistent with industry best practices to include network, compute, security, and management solutions and process ensuring all DHS security requirements are taken into consideration.
· Provide architecture and engineering services in the development of standards for an efficient and robust infrastructure Security Architecture that aligns with the DHS security architecture. The contractor shall abide by and follow all USCIS, Government, and DHS directives regarding the selection of security products, the configuration and hardening of operating systems, and for all security related systems
· Provide recommendations for new products and technology for supporting all layers of the IT infrastructure architecture based on testing and technology vetting to be performed at USCIS TAC Support for Engineering and DevOps Integration (SPEDI)
· Ensure cross-functional, cross-branch and cross-division communication and cooperation
to meet the goals of each transition project, including minimizing impact on the USCIS
users of the services
· Provide Unified Communication architecture and engineering support to include
designing, conducting market research and documenting video capabilities needed based
· Provide recommendations to the Government for acquiring Unified Communication
hardware and software and for improvements to existing systems
· Provide architecture and engineering support for implementing and integrating
applications and/or systems into DHS data centers
· Define the documentation standards for server rooms, server and SAN configurations
· Develop an enterprise data storage plan that includes automation, provisioning, disaster
recovery, and backup and recovery operations
· Develop standards for server imaging and patching as well as process for monitoring
servers and SANS in accordance with USCIS and DHS security guidelines
· Provide architecture and engineering expertise for network, video, voice, compute, Data
Center and other Infrastructure related technologies to deliver solutions and products to
Enterprise Operational Baseline
· Gather requirements, develop high level and low level designs, test artifacts,
configurations using the USCIS templates in the PM Toolkit
· The Contractor shall assist the USCIS in developing requirements documentation for
telecommunications hardware and services required to implement telecommunications
· The Contractor shall provide voice communications expertise to assist USCIS in the
continued implementation of voice communications systems, policies and procedures.
Voice communications includes traditional landline, Internet Protocol (IP), wireless and
emergency satellite-based voice communications.
Due to Government Customer requirement: US Citizenship is Required.