ManTech is seeking an experience Java Developer-Back End to join the ATS-L project as a collaborative team member in support of ongoing law enforcement enterprise search applications. The right candidate will bring an interest in applying his or her talents to national and homeland security problems.
The Java Developer-Back End will:
• Use Java, SQL and Oracle to design, develop, test and maintain data services (SOAP/REST). Write client services utilizing an enterprise search RESTful service.
• Work with customers and team members in an agile development environment. Solve highly technical software development issues.
• Follow Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices for code build and deployments
• Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government’s system lifecycle methodology
· BS Degree in a related technical fields (Computer Science, Engineering, etc)
· 5+ years of strong Java J2EE/JEE design and software development experience including designing, programming, and documenting large-scale software systems
· Demonstrated expertise with Java, Java Frameworks (Spring, JMS), Object-Oriented Design and development principles; and Java Application Servers such as WebLogic or Apache Tomcat; and relational databases such as Oracle or DB2
· Knowledge of design patterns (GoF, J2EE)
· Demonstrated expertise in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration)
· Service Oriented Architecture design and development experience
· Must meet the US Citizenship requirement and be able to obtain and maintain a Customs Border Protection Background Investigation
Preferred Experience and Skills
· Experience with Enterprise Search Technologies (Solr, Elasticsearch, Lucene, or others)
· First-hand experience working with large project teams or working with the Federal Government
· Prior experience with Caching, Clustering, Distributed Computing
· Data loading experience or exceptional database knowledge
· Prior experience of working in field of entity resolution or analytics
· Prior experience in working with Customs or ICE travel-related data.
· Have an active Top Secret level Clearance and able to obtain and maintain a CBP BI.